By accessing TA Forum (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “TA Forum”, “http://forum.tourettes-action.org.uk”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “TA Forum”. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of “TA Forum” after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.
Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter “they”, “them”, “their”, “phpBB software”, “www.phpbb.com”, “phpBB Group”, “phpBB Teams”) which is a bulletin board solution released under the “General Public License” (hereinafter “GPL”) and can be downloaded from www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions, the phpBB Group are not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: http://www.phpbb.com/.
- You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where TA Forum is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP addresses of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. We reserve the right to reveal your identity and contact details to any third party if we believe that you may have breached any laws;
- You agree that TA Forum has the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit;
- As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither TA Forum nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised;
- You agree to keep your username and password secure at all times (remembering to log out of the TA Forum if using a public or shared computer) and to contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org immediately if you have reason to believe that they may no longer be secure. You also agree not to use any other user's identity or a false identity to log into TA Forum and not to impersonate any person;
- You agree not to post, or to accept medical or legal advice posted, on TA Forum;
- You agree not to include in any comment a link to any website or to use TA Forum to advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose, make any requests for money or promote any surveys, contests or chain letters without the express written permission of Tourettes Action;
- You agree not to post or make available any material which is protected by copyright, trade mark confidentiality or other proprietary right on the TA Forum without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trade mark, confidential information or any other proprietary right and you acknowledge that you will be solely liable for any damages resulting from any infringement of the same;
- You agree to evaluate for yourself the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any opinion, advice or other content in the TA Forum;
- You acknowledge that comments posted on the TA Forum are not private communications and can be viewed by everybody who visits the TA Forum, that other users will be able to identify who has posted each comment and that details of who is logged into the TA Forum at any given time may be visible to all users. Please log into the "User Control Panel" section of the TA Forum in order to adjust your profile settings relating to the information which will be displayed for other users to see when you are logged into the TA Forum Area or post a comment;
- You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to us the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights;
- For your own safety and security, we recommend that you do not disclose personal information such as credit card details, home address, email address, or phone number on the TA Forum;
- You acknowledge that the author of each comment on the TA Forum is solely responsible for his or her own comments and, insofar as the law permits, we shall not be liable for any loss, damage or distress incurred as a result of comments made in the Interactive Area;
- We are not responsible for the accuracy, veracity or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on the TA Forum and such communications shall not be considered to be reviewed, screened, monitored, edited or approved by us.